Shooting Just Shoot Me

Here's an episode I directed that I'm particularly proud of. It's for JUST SHOOT ME, written by Andy Gordon and Eileen Conn. I had a lot to wrestle with that week, including an orangutan, rushing water stunt, and glow-in-the-dark paint effect. I'm sure you'll recognize the guest star. It's Lisa Edelstein from HOUSE.

The last scene was particularly wild. It was quite complicated and required numerous pick-ups. Problem was, I was fighting the clock. The issue wasn't going overtime and running the budget up. It was that the orangutan had a bedtime and if he wasn't in bed in time he got mean and would start biting and attacking people. I needed an hour for the pick ups. I got ten minutes. Happy to say mission accomplished and no humans were harmed during the filming of this show.