Anyone know anything about Australia or New Zealand?

G’day, mate. For all you Australia & New Zealand readers, I’ll be heading your way later this week. I’m speaking on a cruise ship that goes from Sydney to Auckland. I’m very excited. Never been to that part of the world before. The Outback Steakhouse doesn’t count.

So today as I gear up for reviewing tomorrow night’s Golden Globes (making snarky comments about everything as a warm-up exercise), I thought I’d reach out to you guys for sightseeing and eats recommendations.

I’ll be spending three days in Sydney, two in Melbourne then it’s off to Hobart, Tasmania before cruising on to New Zealand.

Then it’s on to places I’ve heard of but know little about. Timaru, Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga, and on Feb.7th I have a whole day in Auckland after the ship dumps us all off.

I’m not a climb to the peak of a 10,000-foot mountain kind of guy. Nor am I a visit ancient churches and graveyards sort of fun devil. And if there’s a Universal Studios Citywalk or Legoland in Akaroa, not interested in seeing those either. I’m big on people watching, eating, drinking, bargains, and discovering odd attractions.

I also get lost easily.

Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings would be appreciated. I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers. As they say in Australia: Thank you.