A great April Fool's Joke... on ME

Someone emailed to congratulate me on being considered for one of TIME magazine's 100 most influential people in the world.   This was a big thrill until I realized that it was the other Ken Levine who was being considered -- the one who creates epic video games. 

Still, I had to marvel at what an elaborate April Fool's prank this was on me.  I mean, TIME magazine was in on it.  Fortunately, I figured this out almost immediately (because, really -- me among the 100 most influential people of the world -- who are we kidding?) and didn't gloat to my friends, have stationery printed up, or rub it in the faces of those girls in high school who wouldn't go out with me (not that I haven't gotten over that).

But then the thought occurred: Last year TIME magazine named my blog one of the Top 25 on the web.  Was that meant for the other Ken Levine too?  Turns out, no.  It was my blog singled out.   I am so relieved.  I would hate to have to call all those girls back and tell them it wasn't my blog after all.  

In any event, best of luck to the other Ken Levine.    If it can't be me, at least let it be someone mistaken for me.