The wildest wrap party ever

Most sitcoms are finishing up their season right about now.   They usually have a wrap party and take a cast & crew picture.  Here's one from either the 6th or 7th season of CHEERS.  I'm a couple of rows above Woody.  I had a beard back then. You're welcome to make fun. 

As you can see, there are a lot of people who work on a television series, and as I look back at the picture I find myself missing people I haven't seen in years.  Grips and post production people.   We had a great group at CHEERS.  The other thing I love about this picture is that the actors just blend in with everyone else.  A camera puller or production assistant is just as prominent as the stars.   Thanks to David Reid for posting this photo on Facebook. 

Several years when I was doing ALMOST PERFECT starring Nancy Travis, we did an episode centered on a wrap party.  In the series Nancy was producer of a cop show.   During the party it's learned that the show isn't coming back so everyone lets down their guard and tells everyone else what they really think of them.  Then they find out the show has been picked up.  How do they mend all these now-broken bridges?   It was written by me, David Isaacs, and Robin Schiff, and I directed it.  This was only my third directing assignment and as you'll see in part 3 it became very ambitious and complicated.  We staged a hug pie fight (that we shot live in front of the audience).   Enjoy! 

Congratulations to all the casts & crews that made it through another year.  And thanks for some great television.