Gary Burghoff on Harry Morgan

I asked Gary Burghoff if we would like to reflect on the passing of Harry Morgan. He sent me this beautiful response:

The last thing our wonderful Harry said to me (about a year ago) was, " I have always thought of the MASH cast as brothers... Oh,...and one sister." (Even over the phone, I could see the twinkled eyes and revealing little smile.) You had to know Harry to appreciate his abundant humor, warmth, kindness, modesty and his special kind of quiet strength. There was not an insecure bone in him. He was a "straight shooter" but also non-judgmental, understanding and tolerant. And, if you screwed up, he was (after an honest and deserved scolding) forgiving. I loved and respected him deeply and will cherish the memory of the time we shared...precious, precious time.

-- Gary Burghoff